So many great speakers at this year’s event – from many different industries and all parts of the world.
- The one I missed seeing is the one I hear was most inspiring: Coss Marte, CEO and Founder of ConBody. He’s an ex-con (former drug kingpin in my neighborhood!) who totally turned his life around through fitness. But I did see him at the Sak’s Wellery last week doing a bootcamp training session. He also has a TED Talk that I am going to check out based on the rave reviews he got at PSFK.
Here, are the 5 speakers that I did see – all absolutely stellar:
Jan Chipchase, Anthropologist & Author of The Field Study Handbook
- He calls himself a Cultural Clairvoyant but I think he’s like the Anthony Bourdain of Insights.
- He, and a small team, travel to godforsaken parts of the world to live in tandem with the people they’re studying.
- These untapped, edge-of-grid markets range from Afghanistan to villages in China without running water or addresses.
- Clients include corporations, non-profits and governments.
- Very impressively, he just did a kickstarter for his new book, The Field Study Handbook. His intention was to raise $25K. He raised $250K in 9 days. Well done, sir!!
Read on below for more.