I’ve become quite a fanatical world traveler over the last couple of years and yet still so many places to go. Which is why I am so excited about next year – I will be checking off 5 destinations from my “No Regrets List” including:
- Antarctica – doing the Nat Geo Expedition in January (paid the balance this week, so it’s real)
- Nordic countries – self–organizing a 4-week sojourn to Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki in June/July
But there is always so much more to see and experience. Here are 3 travel trends to keep an eye on if you’ve been bitten by the travel bug as I have:
#1: Top 100 weekend getaway destinations per weekenGO
- London is #1 destination worldwide, followed by Berlin
- Nine of the top ten cities are in Europe. New York is the only exception (#7)
- Germany accounts for three of the top ten: Berlin (2), Hamburg (4) and Munich (8)
- Spain grabs two spots: Barcelona (9) and Madrid (10).
- Vienna (3), Paris (5) and Amsterdam (6) also make the top 10.
- The top destination for millennials is Berlin, with Vienna best for families and Zurich #1 for baby boomers.
- Edinburgh made the top ten for millennials, families and baby boomers, but failed to make the overall top ten, while Prague ranked in the top five for families and baby boomers.
Good news for my Nordic sojourn, all my cities made it to the top 100: Stockholm (15), Copenhagen (#16), Oslo (25), Helsinki (26).
Read on below for top hotel trends and top destinations for Meetings and Conventions attendees.