Not a big fan of this as you all know but it’s undeniably one of the major culture shifts of the decade…..most popular with Millennials but Boomers aren’t far behind!
A recent Gallup poll found that one in four Americans between the ages of 18 and 29 “regularly” or “occasionally” consume cannabis versus 13% of the rest of the population. On top of that, a 2019 Consumer Report found that, in the past two years, 26% of Americans have tried CBD.
No wonder Cannabis Influencers are getting in on the action. Per greenmarketreport, the top 5 influencers in the category are:
#1: Seth Rogen
Comedian Seth Rogen star of stoner comedies like Pineapple Express and This Is The End, has 6.7 million followers on Instagram.
- Hoping to capitalize on his reputation as a cannabis connoisseur, Rogen has teamed up with the world’s largest cannabis company, Canopy Growth, to launch a new hemp and cannabis company called Houseplant. Rogen announced the brand by leaving a cryptic message asking people to follow Houseplant’s Instagram page.
#2: Mike Tyson
Tyson has partnered with Vegas’ Planet 13 to be the exclusive launch partner of his 40-acre cannabis resort, dubbed Tyson Ranch.
- In addition to his 7.6 million Instagram followers, Tyson has a popular cannabis podcast called Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson, which has 83K followers.
#3: Dan Bilzerian
Dan Bilzerian, owner of the cannabis brand Ignite, is one of the biggest influencers in the cannabis industry.
- His social media pages are filled with bikini-clad models, exotic locations, and firearms. He has more than 26 million followers on Instagram.
- Before dedicating himself to building his cannabis brand (“to live the Ignite lifestyle“), Bilzerian was one of the world’s most successful professional poker players, winning over $50 million in a single year.
#4: Big Mike
- Advanced Nutrients is the maker of the #1 selling cannabis-specific nutrient line in the world, with over $110 million a year in sales from 93 countries.
- Advanced Nutrients also lends seed money to individuals in developing countries who dream of starting a small business, but lack the means to do so.
#5: Charlo Greene
Charlo Greene is a former journalist turned cannabis entrepreneur who gained overnight fame after she announced live on television that she was quitting her job to pursue a career in cannabis.
- Greene is a somewhat controversial figure in the cannabis industry after running afoul of regulators in Alaska for launching eponymously named Alaska Cannabis Club.
- With approximately 214K followers on Instagram, Greene is seen as a “Micro-Influencer.”
On a less cheery note, read on below for my scary experience with a CBD cocktail. Now it turns out my experience was not so rare as more consumers of CBD edibles end up in emergency rooms.