Alex has my dream job!!! She’s the Design Specialist at Artsy (a company I admire big time!!). Her gorgeous Instagram posts leave me both inspired and pea green with envy. Her job and her passion for great design take her all over the world to explore, first hand, the best design shows and architecturally significant houses and buildings. Most recently she’s traveled to Design Miami, Art Basel, Design Weekend Sao Paulo – to name just a few. And I especially love her posts covering some of America’s greatest modernist architecture e.g. Hatch House (or the Anabelle Selldorf-designed Recycling Facility in NYC). And, of course, she is completely up to date on all major gallery and museum openings.
We originally met through our mutual friend Kate Thatcher (the brilliant architect who transformed my Rivington place into a dreamy live/work loft!). Totally thrilled that Alex took the time to share her favorite brands and her favorite sources of influential design. Read more below the break.
YOUR 3 FAVORITE SOURCES FOR INFLUENTIAL DESIGN?
1. The design page on Artsy gives a good overview of what’s on my radar at any given time
2. My boyfriend Patrick’s blog Mondo Blogo has loads of great posts to read about historical design
3. Instagram is my main method for information-gathering; I follow 902 great resources!
3 BRANDS/STORES/SERVICES YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
1. Acupuncture from Dr. Julie Von helps keep me balanced
3. Mario Badescu makes the best products and the best facials
WHAT’S NEW IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD THAT I SHOULD ABSOLUTELY CHECK OUT
Chamber is a very slick new contemporary design gallery in Chelsea.
The beautifully articulated bakery/pizza shop Arcade is my new favorite lunch destination in Tribeca.