Amazing show!! And judging by the crowds’ enthusiasm, this is clearly where people’s passions lie when it comes to spending $$$. Dominant categories included cheese, meats and chocolate. Show running thru end of day Tuesday June 28.
Here are my 5 top discoveries/recommendations:
- Start downstairs for all the coolest local brands – esp. loved the Brooklyn vibe whether it’s Field Trip Jerky (Brooklyn Navy Yard) or Mother-in-Law’s Kimchi (from Gowanus) or brands from further afield like Barsmith based in Austin, Texas.
- Italia was the overwhelming favorite country and cuisine – dominant all around with the most delicious looking/tasting foods and such a great sense of bonhomie on the floor.
- Standout booths included Gourmet Food International (THE best!!), Rao’s, Urbani Truffles – they were serving truffle pizza and the line was ginormous. BTW, the line for Rick Bayless’ Gourmet Mexican was also one of the longest altho their booth was less impressive.
- Lots of teas (including matcha), enhanced waters, honeys and ice creams.
- A lot of non-GMO, vegan, gluten free products but little enthusiasm around those booths – felt as if this trend may have peaked.
See more pics below.