Carthage Must Be Destroyed is MAJOR!
- This 5 month old café – with no street sign – is out-of-this world beautiful. And eclectic. And very pink.
- Once you find the unmarked driveway, look for the pink ducting and venting on the side of a warehouse and you’ll know you’ve come to the right spot.
- There is also a worn out numeral 222 on a pole on the side of the driveway (see pic below)
- The décor and ambiance is unlike anything I’ve seen before. They’re not too keen on having you take photos although I did get in quite a few as well as video before they told me that was verboten.
- In the meantime, follow their instagram (it’s really good!).
- They only serve brunch at the moment – hours are limited: 9am-2pm weekdays and 9am-4pm on weekends. The trek there is absolutely worth it. Thank you Emma Forster for the heads up on this amazing find.
Those of you who know me well, know that when I find something that I believe is going to be MAJOR, I literally have a physical reaction. I get short of breath and get agitated because my senses can’t take it all in – this is exactly what happened to me here.
Carthage Must Be Destroyed has the potential to be as influential on the culinary and design fronts as Roberta’s was back in 2008.
Here are the details:
222 Bogart Street (at the intersection of Ten Eyck and Bogart)
Hours: 9am-2pm (weekdays), 9am-4pm (weekends)
Menu: Very substantial brunch dishes – eggs, avocado toast, porridge etc. Everything we had was delicious
They take charge cards.
See below for more photos plus a video I snuck in of the interior.