Stumbled across Norman recently while checking out A/D/O – the creative workspace and start up accelerator funded by Mini/BMW in Greenpoint.
Had lunch there twice (amazing). And just got my reservation for their inaugural orange wine dinner series starting November 1.
Here are more details on the menu as well as background on Norman:
- Norman is a contemporary restaurant, cafe, bar. It has a stellar in-house bakery.
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Standouts on the menu include:
- Buffalo milk yogurt (made in-house and absolutely sublime). It’s served with rhubarb preserves, sunflower seed granola and lemon verbena. Reminded me of the skyr yogurt panna cotta I had while in Iceland
- Cured Salmon served on the most phenomenal Oland wheat bread bun (baked on-premise) and served with cream cheese and pickled beets
- Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with salted cabbage, pickled carrots, dijonnaise and again, served on their home-baked wheat bread bun (photo below)
- The dinner menu is a bit more challenging but I’m intrigued to check it out.
- The restaurant was conceptualized by Fredrik Berselius (owner/chef at Aska) and Claus Meyer (culinary entrepreneur, owner Agern and the Great Northern Food Hall in Grand Central Station, co-owner of Noma!)
- Restaurant was designed in collaboration with nARCHITECTS and Christina Meyer Bengtsson (Claus Meyer’s wife)
- Norman is centered around an open kitchen with a long marble bar, detailed tiling and soaring windows overlook Wythe and Norman Avenues.
- Chef is Andrew Whitcomb (formerly of Colonie)
Read on below for two other new indulgences on my radar – an amazing new bakery (and instagram hot spot) and a “treats” shop within the new Kith Emporium. Both opened last week. Also more photos of Restaurant Norman at the end of the feed.