- Best thing about our visit to this brand-new hot spot in Chinatown was being seated next to Tony Hawk, skateboard legend (and one of the investors).
- A stellar group of hospitality pros is behind this place including several guys from the Major Food Group (Carbone, Parm etc)
- It’s been open for about a month and is attracting hordes of cool skater/hipster boys (and the girls who love them).
- Those in the know, immediately head downstairs because that’s where the action is.
- The downstairs has been “decorated” to simulate a Wisconsin basement rec room: lots of fake wood-paneling, pool table, gas fireplace, orange carpeting, Budweiser lamps, and an assortment of knickknacks that dial up the midwestern vibe.
- We made the mistake of ordering food – our cute waiter from Hawaii made it all sound so delicious but I would advise you to come here to drink and maybe order some fries.
- Should you be starving and decide you need something more filling, here are some things NOT to order: the fried chicken, the tuna poke, the beet salad. I also would bypass the cocktails and go straight for beer, booze or wine.
Photos below as well as info on who is involved in this project. It’s a star-studded group so despite the food missteps, I see this becoming the new MAX FISH. Definitely has that kind of vibe.