YES!!! Sometimes the stars align and predictions come in exactly as you anticipate. Thank you Grubhub for validating my love of poke.
- First wrote about it two years ago after discovering it at NYC’s Wisefish Poke. Since then hundreds of poke restaurants have opened around the country – most of them dreadful – but nevertheless the trend took off like wildfire and according to Grubhub it has more room to run.
But for 2018, I’m going to put my money on DUMPLINGS:
And here’s why:
- Dumplings are incredibly versatile, familiar to a wide range of cultures and tastes.
- They’re casual and shareable
- Perfect for take-out and delivery.
- The concept is scalable
- Foodies in the USA are embracing dumpling restaurant chains from Taiwan and Hong Kong e.g. Din Tai Fung or Tim Ho Wan.
- Here’s what I wrote about dumplings as the ultimate comfort food exactly a year ago.
We’re also seeing dumplings showing up at higher-end restaurants e.g. Rice & Gold or Ducked Up at Ludlow House.
Read on below for Grubhub’s top predictions for 2018 based on deliveries. Very happy to see so many Korean faves on the list as well