Cured Fish, Nordic Breads and Skyr Panna Cotta: YUM!!! My only complaint: too much food!
- However, the fact that I only put on 5 lbs. (3 of which I’ve already lost) speaks to how healthily we were fed – especially when you consider we frequently had two breakfasts or lunches per day based on our travel schedule.
- I also realized that my German upbringing made me partial to the many versions of pickled/cured herring and salmon on menus.
- Many of my fellow travelers were “so over” fish by the time we got to Iceland, they headed straight to The Hard Rock Café for hamburgers.
- Other delicious items: home-baked Norwegian Fjellbrod served at breakfast with cloudberry and lingonberry jams.
- And my favorite dessert, served in Iceland at the Hotel Geysir: the skyr (yogurt) panna cotta.
- Unfortunately, I took not a single great pic of our meals but read on below for favorites from Kyoto to Greenland – and you’ll understand how easy it was to put on the poundage.