I’ve had a love/hate relationship with DA FEAST for years. Loved it at first but then quickly soured on the whole 11-day shenanigans all over my neighborhood.
- However, since this has been my summer of State Fairs – and since so many of my besties are Italian (hello Luciana!! Hello Nick Belperio!) – I decided to give it another try.
- And….I am happy to report that it was a lot of fun to be out with my fellow NYers on opening night.
- I was blessed by the priest, saw some cute young dude (probably a youtube star) with his full-on camera crew being chased around by a group of young lasses (see his pic below and if anyone recognizes him, let me know who he is!!).
- And I’m almost positive I saw Tony Danza outside of Alleva, the cheese shop he co-owns at the corner of Mulberry and Grand. The older ladies were all over him begging their husbands to snap a quick pic.
- For those of you not familiar with the Feast of San Gennaro, it’s an annual 11-day street fair now in its 91st year. It draws over one million people. This is also the first year I noticed local restaurants setting up al fresco dining and being part of the fair as opposed to griping about it. As the saying goes: if you can’t beat them, join them.
Pictures and video below.