This is Tai Lopez – I predict he’ll be way bigger on Snapchat than DJ Khaled, if he’s not already…..
HELLO and/or GOOD MORNING!! Today I want to share some of my favorite ways to use social media, as well as a few tips and recommendations including new people to follow on snapchat.
Here’s what’s new: Spectacles, of course (which I cannot wait to get my hands on – although there seem to be some glitches based on wifi availability). Lines at the NYC store which had been hours long for the last couple of weeks seem to be easing up so might be time to pick up my spectacles soon.
New People To Follow On Snapchat:
Currently, snapchat is awash with youngish guys giving out “how to be a millionaire/billionaire” advice. Most seem pretty scammy but none more so than:
Tai Lopez (@tailopez) – PICS ABOVE!
Lives in LA, huge mansion, garage full of lambos, Ferraris, Rolls Royces, surrounded by personal trainers and rappers and dozens of skanky girls. I’m appalled by his shenanigans but also addicted to his posts – and I must give him his due – he does drop some nuggets of solid advice every couple of days. From what I can tell he runs some kind of mentorship program where for $67 a month, subscribers are sent self-improvement books. But, supposedly, the real money comes from the dating websites he runs. Millions of articles online about him – most have “scam” in the headline! I’m not sure if he’s a scam artist or just a great hustler. I discovered him on Forbes of all places – where he was recommended as a “business guru” to follow on social media.
Here are 5 additional (far less outrageous) people to follow:
- Justin (@justinkan) – LOVE this guy. He spends a lot of time in China and his tech/biz acumen is terrific!!!
- Shawn Thomas (@askamillionaire) – lifestyle entrepreneur? another scam?
- Kevin Kruse (@kevinauthor) – a serial entrepreneur and an author, more of an introvert than most snapchatters. I’ve found his advice really solid – e.g. he recently did a snapstorm on how to meet/talk with people at holiday parties if you’re not a super extrovert which I found very helpful (and Kevin is the Forbes writer who recommended Tai….).
- Chris “Kubby”Kubbernus (@chriskubby) – marketing, creative, social media maven, very practical.
- Ginicanbreathe (@ginicanbreathe) – a snapchat strategist/agency. I like her on camera persona!!
My all-time favorites continue to be: Mark Suster, YesJulz, Sam Sheffer and Dustin Brohm.
Another big finding: almost all of these snapchat stars are working diligently on developing their brands on youtube – seemingly that is where the big bucks are to be made.
And, btw, big shout out to Gary Vee for this article about how to use social for personal branding. Biggest tip: document, don’t create.
Read on below for how my use of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are evolving.
Read More >