My fabulous colorist, Jo Blackwell of Dop Dop Salon has been doing these dye jobs for years and even got me to dip my toe in the waters a few years ago with a teal rinse but I was not sold on the idea.
Now, however, this unicorn color wave is really blowing up. And based on what I saw on Snapchat this weekend from the Atlanta Bronner Bros. International Beauty Show, this trend is still on the ascendancy. And, btw, big shout out to Keyshia Kaoir – your look ROCKS big time!!!
Here are a 5 reasons why this trend is only going to get BIGGER:
- Celebrities are all in (and getting tons of coverage) for their rainbow hair colors e.g. Katy Perry, Kesha, Rita Ora, Tyra Banks, Miley Cyrus, YesJulz
- 30K influencers at the Atlanta Bronner Hair Show this past weekend all about the pastel hair trend
- It’s Instagram-worthy e.g. #pastelhair has 511,865 posts, #rainbowhair 288K
- Pinterest features thousands of boards related to multi-hued hair color
- YouTube is filled with tutorials (since 2014) on how to do multi-colored dye jobs
More pics below.