Chinese New Year begins this Tuesday, February 5, 2019 and lasts until February 19. It is celebrated by a quarter of the world’s population.
Out of sheer curiosity, I cross-checked some of our key political figures to see what the year holds for them (and for us). A lot of politicians are Dragons (Putin, Pelosi and Kamala Harris) and, not surprisingly, Snakes. I’ll let you discover Trump’s sign on your own below.
According to Chinese astrology, 2019 is a great year to make money, and a good year to invest!
- 2019 is also predicted to be full of joy, a year of friendship and love for all the zodiac signs; an auspicious year because the Pig attracts success in all the spheres of life. Hmmm…
- For those of you interested in Chinese astrology, just a heads up to double check your sign based on the actual day you were born (not just the year).
- For example, Brad was born in 1956 which would make him a Monkey but because his birthday is Feb 11, it supposedly makes him a Sheep (also sometimes called Goat or Ram).
- Here’s a link to a site where you can enter your full birthday to find your sign.
- My sign is Ox – supposedly I can look forward to a great run of luck with money and finances this year. That would be nice. Fingers crossed!!
Read on for a brief recap of what the astrologers at Business Insider say is in store for each of the signs this year. Link to BI’s full story below.
You’re a Pig if you were born in 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, or 2019.
- Contrary to what you might expect, the Chinese astrological system actually holds that those born under the zodiac sign that is being celebrated don’t receive much luck. Instead, they receive lessons, restriction, and difficulties.
- Not a good year to take risks or make major changes.
- Instead, work on small, consistent, and practical actions which will lead to long term health, wealth, and success.
- For those in relationships, focus on building more stability and resolving issues in order to strengthen bonds.
- This is Hilary Clinton’s sign – doesn’t auger well for her political aspirations.
You’re a Rat if you were born in 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, or 2008.
- Career will be the biggest win for Rats during the Year of the Pig.
- Rats are social people and generally well-liked, that likeability factor will pay off in the form of referrals and recommendations.
- This is Mark Zuckerberg’s sign – sometimes too motivated by money? You think?
You’re an Ox if you were born in 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, or 2009.
- People born in the Year of the Ox can look forward to a great run of luck with money and finances in 2019.
- They can also expect career changes, promotions, and salary upgrades.
- Ox people should make sure they are saving, budgeting, investing and making good financial decisions when their payload comes in.
- Friendships and business connections will be pivotal.
- This is also Barack Obama’s sign.
You’re a Tiger if you were born in 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010.
- Tigers should focus on maintaining their success rather than look for huge new successes.
- This year is a good time for Tigers to expand their social circles.
- Have the courage to knock on as many doors as you can, especially in career.
You’re a Rabbit if you were born in 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, or 2011.
- In Chinese astrology, the Pig is very supportive of the Rabbit.
- This means that Rabbits can expect pretty much every aspect of their lives to receive a boost in 2019.
- Career growth is very likely and includes switching jobs, starting a business, and getting promotions all of which leads to more income.
- This will be a pretty stellar year for the Rabbit.
- Relationships of all kinds will grow and strengthen this year. Singles will find love while those already coupled will spend more quality time with each other.
You’re a Dragon if you were born in 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, or 2012.
- During the Year of the Pig, Dragon people will see a steady flow of abundant energy.
- Opportunities in either career or a side-hustle will present themselves to increase the flow of income.
- Single Dragons will find someone special this year, while those already paired will level up.
- Vladimir Putin shares this sign with Nancy Pelosi and with recently announced Presidential hopeful, Kamala Harris!
- It’s also Jeff Bezos’ sign – and he definitely had a bit of a side-hustle going on this year!
You are a Snake if you were born in 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, or 2013.
- People born under this sign can expect challenges in almost every area of life in 2019.
- Frustration, disagreements, and opportunities that bring little reward are all likely for Snakes this year.
- Snakes might also have to contend with fluctuations in income, lack of work opportunities, and unexpected expenses. Because of this, it’s a good idea for Snakes to start saving for a rainy day as soon as possible.
- Relationships are hit or miss this year.
- This is the sign of Chinese president, Xi Jinping, presidential hopefuls Howard Schultz and Bernie Sanders, and newbie Democratic Socialist/twitter-assassin, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- It’s also Kanye West’s sign – and looks like it will be another wild ride for him this year.
You are a Horse if you were born in 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, or 2014.
- The Year of the Pig brings blessings to the Horse in career, finance, and relationships.
- This year will be a time of expansion, growth, and forward momentum, especially in work and business.
- This is a good year for both single and paired Horses.
- Horses should also take advantage of 2019 to look after their health.
You’re a Sheep (also known as a Goat or Ram) if you were born in 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, or 2015.
- This year is shaping up to be a great one for Sheep.
- These lucky lambs will experience good fortune in all areas of life including relationships, career, money, and health.
- There is creative energy around you.
- Putting out creative work will bring back praise and accolades.
- Sheep will also find 2019 brings more opportunities for love and relationships.
You’re a Monkey if you were born in 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, or 2016.
- Monkey signs may run into trouble in 2019 if they don’t keep their energetic natures in check.
- This year has the potential to send Monkeys plenty of drama and even legal problems.
- Monkey people should lay low and try not to push too hard this year otherwise, the universe may swiftly whip them into shape. This is because antics and bad behavior will be harmful to others and the hand of justice will have to swoop in. This could include arguments and disagreements at the low end of the spectrum up to crime and lawsuits at the high end.
- This energy will flow into both career and relationships. In career, there could be clashes that make it hard for Monkeys to make any major moves or power plays. Personal relationships may also be challenging.
- Arrogance and tactless behavior will work to Monkeys’ detriment this year.
- Try to be more thoughtful, straight-laced and accommodating.
You are a Rooster if you were born in 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, or 2017.
- It is said that health is wealth, and this year Rooster people should focus on both of these areas.
- If Roosters aren’t careful, their finances and wellness could take a real hit in 2019.
- Although career will range from consistent to strong, Rooster may suffer a loss of income.
- This could be from bad investments, paying down debts, lawsuits, and unexpected money drainers.
- But all the new things Roosters have been doing for the last year or two are starting to pay off.
- This is Cory Booker’s sign.
You are a Dog if you were born in 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, and 2018.
- Hard work and effort will pay off for Dogs this year.
- People with this sign may have faced a difficult 2018, but those tough experiences will help Dogs succeed in 2019.
- Discard what isn’t working, including excess stuff in the house. This will make way for the thing you want to grow.
- This is Donald Trump’s sign. Let’s see what he learned from his tough 2018!
- It is also Bill Clinton’s sign.
- Donald and Bill – both called “dogs” on more than one occasion.
Link to BI’s full article, here.