Made Nice opened last week and it is wonderful with exceptional food. Leaves Sweetgreen and Cava Grill in the dust.
Here’s what makes Made Nice especially nice:
- It comes to us from Daniel Humm, Chef of Eleven Madison (just named best restaurant in the world!!
- The ambiance – there’s a real kitchen, with real chefs. Daniel Humm was even in the house when we were there last Friday (pic above left). The mural is by Shepard Fairey.
- The staff – incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and clearly happy with what their doing.
- The food – delicious and beautifully presented.
- They serve wine!!
- Their website is gorgeous.
Here’s what we had:
- Salmon Rosti: Frisée Salad, Smoked Salmon, Dill-Caper Relish, Potato Crouton, Pickled Onion & Buttermilk Vinaigrette – $15 (and even tho they discourage substitutions, they did eliminate the soft-boiled egg for me)
- Curry Cauliflower: May have been my favorite dish! Cauliflower Stew, Tofu, Couscous, Coconut, Lemongrass, Watercress, Almond & Grapes – $11
- Chicken Rice: Braised Chicken Thigh, Basmati Rice, Parmesan, Marinated Tomatoes, Scallions, Rosemary & Lemon – $14
- Cod Provencal: My least favorite. Seared Cod, Chickpea Purée, Braised Fennel, Tomato, Olives & Crispy Chickpeas – $15
- Milk & Honey Soft Serve: LOVE!! Milk Ice Cream, Honey Brittle, Oat Shortbread & Buckwheat Honey – $6
Only downside, prices are a little high – but not outrageous. Also watchout if you do takeout: the paper bags are not sized for the containers so by the time you get back to your office or home, you may have a soggy mess to deal with.
Location: 8 West 28th Street; Hours: 11am-10pm (Monday-Saturday; Closed Sundays)
More pics below.