According to a new report released by PricewaterhouseCoopers, millennial dads will spend more on their families this holiday than all other consumer groups.
- 94% say they’re going to spend more or the same as last year.
- The majority will shop online, using mobile devices – more than any other group.
- They will pay via smartphone at 3X the rate of other age groups and with wearables e.g. Apple Watches at 4X the rate of others.
- Millennial dads are 3X more likely than others to shop with smart home technology like Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
- Retailers like Walmart and Amazon are placing big bets that voice shopping will be the next frontier of e-commerce, hoping it will increase sales and reduce the steps required to make purchases.
- Millennial dads will spend more on holiday travel than other groups
- 25% might buy a car if the holiday sales are good enough.
One sour note for retailers: millennial dads prefer to give tangible gifts such as electronics and toys, and hate both giving and receiving gift cards.