Millennials have been Topic #1 in marketing and business circles for several years. Now we’re seeing the focus expand to include the Millennial-Minded. A recent article in hospitalitynet.org put this concept on my radar. For full article link here. And for the Millennial Quiz, link here.
From my perspective, traits of the Millennial-Minded (of any age) include:
1. Tech-forward (mobile all the way, active on social media, fans of uber, airbnb, GoCar)
2. Experience-focused (whether it’s culinary, travel, retail, art – memorable experiences are central)
3. Cost-Savvy (online access has provided more transparency on costs – the status is in paying the right price vs. overpaying)
4. Entrepreneurial (start-ups, small business owners, freelance/gig focused)
5. Trailblazing (big fans of innovative companies like Apple, Tesla, Warby Parker – embracing brands/people that effectively challenge the status quo vs. sticking with the same old)