My fellow travelers from my recent Nat Geo Around The World trip set up a Dropbox account for all of us to submit photos from our trip. I went through them this past week and noticed that Mongolia/Gobi had the most submissions, followed by St. Petersburg.
- I am still madly infatuated by all the things I experienced in the Gobi Desert and cannot get it out of my mind. The vastness of the landscape and the horses really blew me away. These kids can obviously ride before they can walk!
- A lot of people have asked me about this trip vs. my previous one (Machu Picchu, Easter Island, Taj Mahal, Angkor Wat, Tibet, Serengeti, Marrakech). That trip was amazing and hit all my bucket list destinations. On reflection, many of us, including myself, were rookie travelers on our first major Nat Geo trip.
- This Northern Route trip, on the other hand, was so much more impactful. The destinations were more remote and obscure. For whatever reason, these locations felt more significant to me (perhaps less touristy?). Additionally, my fellow travelers on this trip were more rugged and adventurous. Also, more well-traveled – several were on their 4th or 5th Nat Geo Private Jet trip.
- My mind is still working through the experience. Major trip!!
- See more Mongolia photos below. Unfortunately, there is no way to credit who shot them but if anyone does know and would like me to add a photo credit, please let me know.