A few years ago, I organized a Sunday Supper Club: Summer Series held every week in the garden of the Standard Hotel East Village (pic upper left). It was my friend Nystrom’s idea – apparently it’s a southern thing. Once the summer passed, however, Sunday Suppers fizzled out.
Now I’m trying to bring them back. Sent out invites for this month’s dinners and fingers crossed there is sufficient interest.
- Based on early feedback, I’m optimistic this can be turned into a monthly, if not weekly, event.
- It’s a great way to update and refresh our networks- and it’s fun!
- If it works out as intended, Sunday Supper will be THE way to kick off the week. Friends will tell friends and people will want to get on the invite list.
- It may also inspire others to start their own Supper Clubs
- I’ll report back and let you know how it is working out
Read on below for more details should you want to organize your own supper club dinners.