Have seen this first-hand with many of my dog/cat-owner friends but now have statistical evidence that this is a big trend across the country.
The newest trend in the $24 billion pet-food industry is refrigerated pet food with Freshpet leading the way (check out their website, it’s really cool!).
There’s lots of innovation in pet food, here are some examples:
– weight-loss dog food (Colgate-Palmolive’s Hill’s Pet Products)
– customized special blends can be ordered thru company websites (Nestle’s Purina)
– farm-to-table (Mars Nutro Farms Harvest Petcare)
– human-style recipes e.g. lasagna (Mars’ Cesar Home Delights)
– certified organic (Merrick Pet Care – just purchased by Purina)
– food for senior dogs (Purina Bright Minds)
– Paleo diets (Freshpet’s high-end Vital Raw line
Super cute video from Freshpet above (note: it’s from Thanksgiving last year).
Link to full article by