Announced last week, this feature is an absolutely brilliant, game-changing move. For example, if somebody you follow posts an image from a restaurant, or if a post shows up based on a hashtag, you can immediately book a table right from the post in the app. And apparently, this will be extended to other businesses e.g. hairstylists, conferences, art fairs, travel, Broadway shows.
- Available only to businesses that advertise on the platform (one million active monthly).
- 80% of Instagram users follow a business. Interestingly, while I refuse to follow any businesses on facebook, I follow quite a few of my favorites on Instagram – especially in fashion, home design, art and travel.
- The ability to actually interact with businesses in a transactional way (through an appointment or reservation) means that a restaurant can see a nearly immediate return on its social media advertising investment .
Read on below for the latest on SEO and how Google is retooling for mobile and voice-activated searches – another game-changer!!
- Since 2013, Google has invested heavily in 3 areas: Machine Learning (AI), Natural Language, and Mobile
- Machine Learning will be introduced in every aspect of the Search Algorithm
- Google’s RankBrain is sophisticated enough to analyze vague, ambiguous queries and match them with the most relevant results
- Mobile is the ecosystem Google is prioritizing
- The biggest investment for enterprise SEO, will be PWA, which is what Google considers as the ideal mobile solution. Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are experiences that combine the best of the web and the best of apps. They are useful to users from the very first visit in a browser tab, no install required. As the user progressively builds a relationship with the app over time, it becomes more and more powerful. It loads quickly, even on flaky networks, sends relevant push notifications, has an icon on the home screen, and loads as a top-level, full screen experience.
- Voice devices and voice search are absolutely the future of search.
- A 400% increase in voice dedicated devices in US homes – 24 million in 2017 up from 5 million in 2016.
- This will force marketers to remap the entire customer journey, including the search path
- While there are 4x more content positions available than SEO positions, half of the content jobs now require SEO skills.