TWITTER TIPS

IrmaTwitter

TWITTER TIPS – most of you know I’m a huge fan – it’s the single most powerful way to get on a company or organization’s radar and get problems solved (from Con Ed bills to airline flight issues).  I’m still in learning mode but here are some tips that have helped me to get more out of twitter.  (Link to the full article below.)

Know the most commonly used Twitter terms.

“RT” for retweet is re-posting of someone else’s tweet. Twitter’s Retweet feature helps you and others quickly share that Tweet to all of your followers

“@” sign is used to call out usernames in tweets

.@ is especially helpful in directing to a specific user while also sharing with all your followers

“MT”, similar to “RT,” an abbreviation for “Modified Tweet.” Placed before the retweeted text when users manually retweet a message with modifications, such as shortening a Tweet.

Hashtag tweets where relevant and when necessary.

Images can help increase engagement for your products and services. Research done by Twitter on over 2 million tweets of verified US accounts shows that adding photos to a tweet does just that.

A few more Twitter tips about images:

Twitter’s auto expand will only work if the image is directly uploaded to Twitter. It will have the URL pic.twitter.com/[rest of the link generated by Twitter]

Link of image uses up to 26 of the 140 characters per tweet.

Accepted file formats if uploading images directly to Twitter are GIF, JPG and PNG.

File size: 5MB for photo and up to 3MB if uploading GIF.

Limit tweet to 120 -140 characters. Limiting post to about 120 characters gives other Tweeters space to comment on it. Track Social already did a study indicating that a tweet’s sweet spot is 70-120 character limit. Beyond that, engagement starts to wane.

Optimize your Twitter profile. Use high quality photo or logo. Do not use Twitter’s default image (the egg). Also, include in your bio URL of your website or landing page and your contact information if you have room for that.

Quality over quantity of posts should be a key strategy. Think of what your niche market needs to keep them coming. Heard of the 80/20 rule? Not necessarily a “rule” but best practice in social media: post 80% contents that are helpful for your followers, and the remaining 20% for posts promoting your business.

Vary your tweets by either using text, link or image and with or without hashtag. Visual tweets make your tweet stand out.

Read more at http://www.business2community.com/twitter/z-bite-size-twitter-tips-business-startups-0960274#zAYduYrOWffUIguB.99

Share this post on: