My first video blog – I am going to do more of these – IT’S THE FUTURE!! This post is about using video for marketing. I’ve also included the link to business2community.com – contains super helpful stats!! I’ve summarized the most important details below.
- Video is expected to account for 79% of all internet traffic in the next three years.
- Businesses are expected to spend nearly $13 billion on video marketing by 2018.
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Three out of four consumers believe a video describing a service is important.
- One in four consumers will lose interest in your company if you don’t have a video.
While the story of your video is important, simply showing up and having a video goes a long way with consumers. Nearly two thirds of consumers say companies that use video know how to reach their customers. In other words: you look like you know what you’re doing if you have a video.
How Can You Use Video?
- Email: Consumers are nearly 50% more likely to read a newsletter that contains video links.
- Social Media: 84% say they’ve liked a company video in their Facebook newsfeed. Half have shared one of these videos on their own profile.
- Mobile: Over half of all consumers watch at least one video on their mobile device per week. 50% of all YouTube views are on mobile devices.
So, What’s the Best Type of Video Marketing?
- 56% of consumers say customer testimonials are helpful.
- Customers most like to see (1) how a product is made, (2) testimonials, (3) and learn about the company (in that order).
- 80% of consumers are interested in watching a video that explains how a product or service works.
As far as length goes, keep it short. Two-thirds of consumers say they prefer to watch videos that are less than a minute long.