Visual content, or storytelling with pictures, is changing the way we approach marketing.
Big shoutout to Kevan Lee from bufferapp.com for this great post on visual content (link here). Definitely worth a full read, but if you’re short on time, I’ve summed up 5 key reasons why storytelling with pictures is so important:
- 63% of social media is made up of images. That means two-thirds of the updates you see are visual content. (Source: Citrix)
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without. (Source: Skyword)
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets.
- The brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than it does text.
- Instagram photos make for more effective advertising imagery than stock photos. (Source: Laundry Service Social Media Agency)