- Got a look at the new mural by Fumero at the soon-to-be-opened Black Tap on Ludlow Street. Perfect collaboration. For those of you not familiar with Black Tap, they are famous (or infamous) for their outrageous and totally instagram-worthy $15 milkshakes (see photos here).
- Another major mural started this week at the corner of Allen and Rivington Streets. It’s by LA-based kaNO kid Studio. His clients include Cartoon Network, Warner Brothers and Hasbro.
- The kaNO project is sponsored by the new owners of the Allen Street Hotel in partnership with LISA (Little Italy Street Art) Project.
- Two other recent examples include the Shepard Fairey mural at Daniel Humm’s new fast casual place, Made Nice, in NYC and the fabulous ESPO mural inside the La Colombe flagship cafe and roastery in Philadelphia’s Fishtown district.
- And one final note on street art and its place in the world. This week a Jean-Michel Basquiat piece sold at auction for $110 Million – the highest price ever paid for an American artist. And the highest price ever for a work of art made after 1980.
See pics below of Fumero for Black Tap, the Allen Street Hotel/ kaNO kid mural, Shepard Fairey for Made Nice and the outstanding ESPO piece.